Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Be more grateful, people!

So I'm sitting on my couch with TLC running in the background while I'm working away on my laptop and I look up and lo and behold 'A Baby Story' is on...I immediately reached for my remote to switch the channel (and I used to love watching this show) but then the intro said something about the couple having a hard time getting pregnant but now expecting their 2nd - so I was intrigued and a lil' curious and kept watching.

Fast forward 10 mins later during the 'how we got to this point in our lives' interviews -- and the mother started saying how she couldn't wait to 'not be pregnant anymore' and went on and on about how she was pregnant for 2 summers, pregnant for 2 birthdays, that the belly gets in the way of doing things, etc. - I literally said outloud 'WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM LADY?" Seriously, is being pregnant for 2 years really all that bad when you couldn't get pregnant for the first little while?

I would only be so lucky to have that 'problem'. Seriously, show a lil' gratefulness lady, so many women would give their kidney to be in the same boat!

So I switched the channel over to good ol' Food Network. At least the chefs don't complain about all the food they get to cook.
OK maybe not the greatest parallel but whatever. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, glad you found me, though I wish it were under different circumstances :/ I'm so sorry for the loss of your two beans. Sounds like our journeys are (unfortunately) similar. Let me know if you have any questions about anything... has your OB/RE started any testing? Hold onto hope... it's HARD... but worth it in the end. Never stop fighting and demanding answers. Your baby will come back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all totally felt that way about any pregnant woman who complained about the pregnancy. I've been on both sides of the track and I am forever grateful to be pregnant. There are times that are tough during the pregnancy but I wouldn't change it for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best parallel I've ever heard! I'm going to be giggling about that for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the parallel...I got a perfect visual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy! Thanks for your comment. I'm glad my story can help inspire you. Your sounds sadly similar to mine...so I hope yours turns into the happy ending (well journey to the happy ending) like mine is as well. I struggled quite a bit after my 2nd MC and I'm sure you are too. It helped to have the Word to turn to. Try logging onto the Kenneth Copeland website (www.kcm.org) and subscribe to their email daily devotionals. That helped me immensely. Through my hardship, i discovered a closer relationship with God. With His help, I was able to find the answers to the questions I've been looking for. I hope you do too. =) Feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Wendy!

    I tried to leave you a comment the other day, but I don't think it worked. Thanks for your note on my blog. I am sorry about your losses. I am glad if what I have been through can help you in some way. God does have a perfect plan for you!!! Your 2009 sounds very similar to my 2008 -- and I hope you can find some answers soon.

    Oh, and I agree 100% about the complaining pregnant ladies. hahaa. People come up to me, remark on my giant belly and tell me I must be "miserable". No, not really. Quite grateful, really...!

    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete