Thanks to Em at The Lily Pad for my first Blogger award! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside - and it's not just because I just had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch (I didn't have time to pack today - ugh!)
The rules are simple: just give 7 facts about you and then nominate 7 people for the beautiful blogger award...but I'm going to share more than 7 facts as I did this 'random 25 things about yourself' on facebook once so I'll just tweak that a bit for y'all here:
2. I also have a crippling fear of spiders. So bad that once, I made DH get off the "throne" during #2 to help me kill one on the bedroom ceiling. He wasn't so excited about that.
3. I am a bargain hunting queen. If you spot me near you in a store, it might be because I'm following you to see when you will put down the shirt that I must have. I'm also learning to use coupons so any websites/tips you have that will enhance my discount-age please let me know!
4. I am addicted to reality tv: the Bachelor/ette, the Hills, SYTYCD, Idol, Biggest Loser - and longtime fan of 24, LOST, Grey's, Battlestar Galatica - new fave: GLEE
5. I don't have any blood relatives that live in Canada other than my parents and sister. I miss them.
6. I'm very competitive. I used to be the captain of the girls' field hockey team in HS and played throughout the first few years of university. 2nd baseman in softball. I was also a Cheerleader for a brief 2.5 yrs. Volleyball is my current fave.
7. Hubby and I used to watch LOTR 1,2 and 3 every year, all in one sitting. Our first movie date was LOTR 1. Yes, he brings out the geek in me.
8. Our first (and only) engagement ring shopping experience took place in Hong Kong, accompanied by my mom, my dad, my sister, my 3rd uncle, my yei yei (grandpa) and ma ma (my grandma). LOL.
9. I've never had my wisdom teeth taken out and likely won't have to because they removed 4 when I had my braces.
10. I've been to the Star Trek experience in Las Vegas. Unbeknownst to hubby, I secrety enjoyed it.
11. I am a big interior design/decorating/renovating buff. If I weren't in Marketing now I think I would go into interior decorating and or/flipping houses.
12. I've sat at the table next to Serena Williams at Serendipty in New York and was too chicken to get her autograph or picture.
13. I've been to Times Square for New Year's Eve with my friends. Never was actually in the Square, but close enough. ;)
Now I would like pass this award on to:
(yes i broke the rules again so shoot me)
Ella at Baby Love
Jessica at A Journey Through Motherhood
Nicole at The Abramcyzk's
Laura at Blessed
Tina at Our Journey to Parenthood
LuckyOnce at Where's my white picket fence
projectbaby at Project baby
Cheryl at cheryllookingforward
Rach at Sillyness Abounds