Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tears runneth over

An old, very dear friend of mine is here to visit from San Fransico for a mutual friends' wedding this coming weekend.  Last time her and her hubby were here, it was just the two of them.  Now, one year later, they are joined by their beautiful baby daughter, who recently turned one.  Seeing as she has not met her Canadian family and friends yet, today was a big combined celebration of her 1 year birthday and 'meet baby S' for the first time.  I was a bit nervous going to this party because I knew there were going to be babies, pregnant women, toddlers, people asking people when their next one will be, you get the picture. 

But I was so excited to see my friend and meet her little one.  My friend and I have known each other since before we had hair, so this was going to be extra special.  I didn't realize how much it would mean to me until I saw her and her baby for the first time.  We hugged and then it was just over. 

Floodgates just opened and I wept openly. Literally, no word of a lie, make up running down my face type of cry.  They were not sad tears about not having a babe in my arms, but happy tears that she had such a beautiful, precious girl and that my friend from my childhood was now a Mom.  I probably scared poor baby S - "who is this crazy lady crying and saying hi to me?" Man that was emotional.  Not sure what to make of my hormones lately.  AF is due tomorrow - I am hoping she decided to take a 9 month vacation.  please, please.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful friend you are...

    Hoping AF doesn't come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are a great friend. And I can't wait to hear about tomorrow! Hoping AF doesn't show up. Thinking of you, my fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete