Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Angel watching from above

I missed watching it live last night but I certainly heard about it all over the news this morning. I just re-watched it on tv just now and I'm am just a hot mess in tears over Joann.ie Roch.ette's performance during the Women's Short Program last night. 


For those of you that don't know, Joan.nie Ro.chette is one of Canada's favourite skaters. Just a few days ago, this past Sunday, her parents arrived in Vancouver from Montreal to watch their daughter skate in the Olympics, but sadly and suddenly, her mother passed away shortly after arriving.  


She didn't have to skate. She didn't owe anyone anything. But she did it for her Mom and you can tell when you watch the performance that her Mom was watching over her last night.  If you get a chance you should check out her performance online. It is truly inspiring and heartfelt, and I think one of the most memorable performances you will ever see this Olympic Winter Games. 


I pray that God will be watching over her and her family as she finishes up her olympic skate tomorrow night - what a strong woman! 




6 comments:

  1. I agree. It was an amazingly moving moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw as well. Such a great skate, very touching.

    Speaking of Canadian skaters, those ice dancers were amazing huh!! I watched their performance several times. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in awe of her performance. What courage she had to skate.

    I'm glad I found your blog. I'm dealing with RPL also and although I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone, it does help me feel a little less alone when I realize there are others out there facing the same challenges. I'm looking forward to following you until you get your happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for the comment you left of my blog. thanks for reading and i wish you all the best in your journey. so glad you are feeling good in this 2ww and i look forward to following your blog.

    as for this post specifically...joan.nie's story had me in tears last night as i watched her skate...when my mom died suddenly i could barely eat and shower...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, thanks for your well wishes. I just finished reading through your past year and I really hope you get some good news in a few days - and that it sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed her performance but I heard about her mother. My heart broke for her.

    ReplyDelete