Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vday recap and 1 year ago..

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's with their sweethearts and loved ones! 

Where we live, we also had Monday off for 'Family Day' and on Saturday we spent the evening with my parents and sister to ring in Chinese New Year - Year of the Tiger! What a busy and lovely long weekend! 

Here are some pics of the V-day din din that DH made for me.  I was his sous-chef for the evening. Alright, I was a tad bossy for a sous-chef but this poor man really doesn't know his way around the kitchen! But he was a fast learner and I tried to be very patient - err, I mean he was very patient. ;) 

  

 and we finished it off with this:

 

Oh help me.






Not bad for a novice right?  I *heart* this man.



updated 5:30 pm ET
**(I was dreading writing a separate entry on this so I decided to add it in here) It's the dread of recapping the sad memories but I don't want this date to pass without proper acknowledgment either. The event that forever changed our lives a year ago today.  
 
I was naively and happily preggo until I started spotting just a few days before V-day 2009. I thought that this spotting was just 'a thing that happened' with pregnancy and little did I know that it was a sign that things were not going well.  Since this was my 1st pregnancy, we were told by the mid-wife agency to come in week 8 for our first appt - and the only thing that I had confirmation on was a lot of positive HPTs.  The first and only bloodtest I got was in the ER the Monday before the miscarriage- HCG in the 20,000s - but sure enough a few days after, I was naturally miscarrying our 1st lil' bean.  I remember the horror of seeing the sac - this greyish clot that totally looked foreign to me and knowing for sure that there was no chance.   That day seems so far away but the memory is still fresh. 

I have grown into a different women today and I couldn't have done it without God and the support of this group right here.  When I was lost and lonely and had no one to really talk to that would understand this experience, I found you. Through encouraging comments and prayers, this past year, as hard as it was, has laid a solid foundation for me to continue this journey to becoming a mommy one day.  I pray that I will continue to receive your support and prayer as I prepare myself for what lies ahead.   I am grateful to have my dear hubby be my rock and my shoulder - and I know that some day soon, he can put his cooking skills to the test when I'm just too tired and he has to cook for our kiddies. :) 

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Looks delicious! I made molten chocolate cakes for V-Day dessert too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like he did A ok!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nomnomnom! That dessert looks divine... does he cater? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, that food looks soooooooooooo yummy!! And desert. Mmmmmm....!!
    ((hugs)) on your losses. We are all happy to have been here for you as well as you here for us!
    (sorry for above, i was signed in under my hubby on accident!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!

    I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I praise God that I found you through this venue. Please know that you have helped strengthen me through my journey, and I pray that I can do the same for you. Blessings to you and your chef of a husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!

    I am so sorry for your losses. It sucks. I was in the ER last Valentine's Day having a miscarriage too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumyum! Dessert looks delicious!! I'm so sorry for your loss(es). Through God and the support of the online community I was able to conquer
    my losses, you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, your dinner looks so good! I NEED some of that dessert asap! I am so sorry, this anniversary is such a tough one. I cannot imagine how hard it is especially on VDAY. This online community is absolutely amazing. It really helps to see/hear what others are going through and get their support.

    ReplyDelete