Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Glass half full

As always, thank you ladies for the support - I was really bummed out yesterday and perhaps not quite myself so I apologize if my posts were whiny and all deb.bie downer-esque- I hate being like that! I give you all permission to kick me in the behind next time I get all 'woe to me' and mopey - mmmk? ok good. 

Like my dear fellow blogger Laura at Blessed, I have to remember to count my blessings, even when life doesn't go the way I would like it to. I have to remember that AF arriving regularly IS a blessing in itself - I start off with another clean slate and have another window of opportunity in the not-too-distant future (thanks for reminding me to look at the glass half full Christa ;).   

I know that a lot of ladies going through IF and/or RPL have PCOS/irregular cycles - and it must be so frustrating to have that extra obstacle to deal with when TTC.  One of my dear friends recently found out that she was diagnosed with premature menopause - at the age of 30.  At first they thought it was PCOS but after several tests, it was conclusive that she no longer was producing estrogen and subsequently, her body did not have eggs left to have a biological baby of her own.  So unfair that she is going through this but God is working in her life and providing her and her husband with another option, it is such a blessing that her sister is willing to donate her eggs to them so they can try conceiving through IVF.  I pray that they will be physically and emotionally strengthened to endure this trying time in their lives. 

Just another reminder that everyone's journey is riddled with its own obstacles and that I should be grateful when I can for what I still have.  As much as it was disappointing that we didn't get our BFP this past cycle, I'm OK with it and keeping my chin up. I will keep trusting God and place my worries and anxiety with Him. It's doing me no good hanging onto them! 

2 comments:

  1. Weendy, I admire your ability to maintiain your optimism. This difficult journey really shows ones true character. You can be proud of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, you are so positive and such an inspiration. Its so hard to stay positive and know that you are allowed to have your own Debbie Downer days. Sending Hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete